In this short series we're sharing our winter weather tips with our lovely London Walkers, a hardy bunch who join us rain or sleet in the winter months.
SO DARLING, DARLING STAND BY ME, OH STAND BY ME
Surely the last word* on Guides’ Tips for Winter Walkers.
Of the female persuasion at any rate.
1. It’s rubberless
2. Comes with a printed, legally binding guarantee to keep out all the rain. That’s “all the rain” – not “the rain”, not “some of the rain”, not “most of the rain.”
3. It’s a woollen whipcord
4. As opposed to a cold, clammy, linen-like fabric
5. It’s made from Omne Tempus Cloth (need I say more?)
6. It’s multipurpose – a boon to the War-worker and the “open-air” woman
7. It’s “Ready-for-wear” or “To measure”
8. It’s famous.
9. It’ll stand-by you.
10. It’s triple-proofed.
11. It comes from “A Great House”
12. It’s got Madge inside it.
13. It’s London. We ain’t talking Oshkosh here.
14. The deal closer – it’s made by men-Tailors
15. It’s got no end of tongue-in-cheek possibilities.
*Make that words plural. And illustrated words at that.
A London Walk costs £10 – £8 concession. To join a London Walk, simply meet your guide at the designated tube station at the appointed time. Details of all London Walks can be found at www.walks.com.